What were you doing at the age of 22? Probably the normal stuff most of us do. Working to earn enough to go on holiday a couple of times a year, buying the occasional car or motorbike, hating every day at your sucky job, perhaps. In 1994, and at that same age, Christian von Koenigsegg had just launched his own hypercar company in Sweden, with a sole mission: to create the perfect Supercar, and Koenigsegg was born. After the early prototypes had serious interest shown, production was worthy of starting, and in 2002 a series production of the Koenigsegg CC8S started. They've gone from strength to strength since then, building incredible hypercars. Their current lineup is the One:1, Agera RS and Regera. Koenigsegg constantly pushes the boundaries of technology, designing and creating cars that batter the senses with their incredible power and speed, all the while being able to be used on everyday journeys. For your enjoyment, here are some of the best videos featuring Koenigsegg cars, so take a break and chill to these awesome hypercars.
1. How Koenigsegg design and build their 280 mph-capable wheelsExtremely lightweight and super-strong, carbon fiber is used in copious amounts on Koenigsegg's cars, and incredibly, the wheels are also made of the stuff! Here's a fascinating video on the design and manufacturing processes.
2. Developing the 1,360 horsepower 5.0 litre V8 twin-turbo One:1 engineIf you're really into the engineering side of the car, prepare to be astounded. The 5.0 V8 twin-turbo One:1 motor produces 1,360 bhp and 1,011 lb-ft of torque and weighs just 197 kilograms. This video talks about how the engine is developed and how it copes with all the power.
3. Is the Koenigsegg Agera R faster than a Bugatti Veyron?0 - 60 mph: 3.6 seconds. Impressive, yes, but even more so is the 0 - 150 mph in 10.2 seconds and 200 in 17.7. Breathing figures, and to show what the Agera R is capable of on the track, here's a rather nice film by Car and Driver. Volume: Up.
4. A properly in-depth 'tour' of the Koenigsegg Agera's exterior and cabinI featured a video by Saabkyle04 in the previous Pagani videos article, and there's a reason - his video tours of cars are some of the most comprehensive on YouTube. You want to know what every button and switch does, or what features the car has, or how to start the engine? Then Saabkyle04 is your man. In this 15 minute video, he takes us around the Agera, in his thorough style.
5. Jay Leno drives the ultra-rare Koenigsegg Trevita CCXR - one of three made!Jay Leno - the definition of a petrolhead - has the privilege of having the 1,018 horsepower Trevita CCXR in his garage. Not only does Christian von Koenigsegg himself show Jay around the car, he then gets to drive this incredibly rare machine on the roads of sunny Los Angeles. I'm only slightly jealous...
6. Tiff Needell pits an 8 tonne Volvo truck against the Koenigsegg One:1This is possibly the most random and uneven race ever thought up. While this isn't strictly all about the Koenigsegg One:1, racing driving and car show presenter Tiff Needell puts a Volvo truck up against the One:1, resulting in awesome noise and sideways action on the part of the hypercar. Funny and entertaining...
7. The 3D printed variable turbocharger patented by Koenigsegg3D printing is a wonderful technology, and it's utilized in many different areas today. However, this particular use is simply remarkable, as Koenigsegg prints the moving parts inside the enclosed turbo! Just... wow.
8. How does the lightest gearbox in the world cope with 1,140 horsepower?It's all well and good developing a car producing well over 1,000 bhp, but when you're also making it to the world's lightest transmission, how do you get it to cope with all the power without it exploding into a million tiny, expensive pieces? Christian von Koenigsegg explains the precision, technology, and manufacturing behind the Agera R's system.
9. Koenigsegg Regara is a machine beyond the hypercar. Behold, the mega car!If anyone was going to take hybrid technology to a whole new level, it was Koenigsegg, and with the Regera boasting 'way over' 1,500 bhp and 2,000 Nm torque, the fact they're calling it a 'megacar' (a bit cheesy, but hey), tells you everything. This video takes a good look at a hybrid that is not only insanely fast but highly luxurious too.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
If your color was not listed in our database that's quite normal. In fact 22% of our customers when ordering have to manually add their vehicle details at this stage, so you're not alone.
Fill out as much information as you can, and remember, we offer our 100% color match guarantee on every kit regardless.